900 W. Kingshighway
P.O. Box 339Paragould, AR 72451
More Than 60 Years of Serving Our Region
Arkansas Methodist Medical Center is a Beacon of Health, Hope and Healing.
Our beginning dates back to the old Dickson Memorial Hospital that opened its doors in 1907. That facility served well for many years, but as the area prospered and the population grew it became apparent that a larger hospital was needed.
In 1941, the non-profit Community Hospital Corporation was formed and construction of a new hospital was begun. However, World War II intervened and the hospital was not completed until 1949. The 71 bed Community Methodist Hospital was formally dedicated on October 16th, 1949. That same day the first baby was delivered at the new hospital. The following day, 14 patients were transferred from the old Dickson Memorial Hospital.
Community Methodist Hospital continued to grow with major additions in 1959, 1969, 1972, 1974, and 1980. In July of 1981, the name was officially changed from Community Methodist Hospital to Arkansas Methodist Hospital.
Our medical center continues to grow and our staff of dedicated professionals continue to fulfill our mission statement of providing the highest quality healthcare and promoting wellness to the people and communities we serve; thus establishing AMMC as the first-choice for healthcare.
Since 1949, we've been fulfilling this mission one bold step at a time. In 1991 we launched an ambitious four-phase capital improvement plan that brought about a Helipad and accommodations for mobile units providing specialized diagnostic and treatment services. Our state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit was opened in 1992 to be followed by new Emergency Room facilities in 1998. In 1999, a 50,000 square foot Professional Office Building was dedicated featuring a full service Wellness Center that is open to the public.
Arkansas Methodist Hospital once again addressed the growing needs of our patients with a 70,000 square foot renovation and new construction project. New areas included Outpatient Surgery, the Heart Catheterization Lab, MRI Labs, and a Respiratory Therapy Department. Meanwhile, the Obstetrics Department was completely renovated, featuring modern birthing suites. The hospital also received a facelift with a new entrance and a relocation of our admissions and business offices to supplement patient convenience. And in 2005 the name was officially changed again to Arkansas Methodist Medical Center to better reflect the wide-range of services now offered at AMMC.
In October of 2011, AMMC completed and opened its first phase of a continuing care retirement community, Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living. So, while many changes have occurred since our humble beginnings in 1949, one thing remains the same; our commitment to providing our patients with the best care possible. That's our promise to you at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center.