AMMC Auxiliary Awards Scholarships
June 25, 2012
The Arkansas Methodist Medical Center Auxiliary recently awarded seven $1,000 scholarships. To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must be enrolled in an education program within the medical profession and be in the beginning of their second year of education in the medical field by August 2012.
This year’s scholarships were awarded to:
· Jillian Hutcheson is a student at Harding University School of Pharmacy in Searcy. She is the daughter of Shannon Gomer and Joey Mitchell.
· Brittany Hyde is a student in the College of Nursing at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. She is the daughter of Steve and Ginger Hyde.
· Cobi McDaniel is a student in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. She is the daughter of Teresa and Ricardo Gonzalez and Jim and Paige McDaniel.
· Allison Nettle attends school at Arkansas State University and is studying to become a Radiologic Technologist. She is the daughter of Ricky and Donna Wright and is married to Shaun Nettle.
· Megan Sessums is a student at Harding University School of Pharmacy in Searcy. She is the daughter of Jimmie and Terry Sessums.
· Joshua Mitchell is studying Respiratory Therapy at Black River Technical College. He is the son of Jerome and Leslie Mitchell.
· Tim Smith is in the Nursing Program at Arkansas Northeast Arkansas College in Blytheville. He and his wife, Sabrina, have two children, Anna and Emily.
The AMMC Auxiliary has been awarding scholarships to students in the community for more than 40 years. The scholarship is a one-time award to any one recipient with the funds sent directly to the educational institution that the applicant attends at the time of registration.