AMMC Hosts 15th Annual Men's Health Fair
August 13, 2012
Under the Big Top: Don’t Walk the Tight Rope When It Comes to Your Health
Arkansas Methodist Medical Center is sponsoring its 15 Annual Men’s Health Fair on Thursday, September 6, 2012 from 7:00 am-3:00 pm in the Professional Office Building Auditorium located at 1000 West Kingshighway, Paragould.
This year’s health fair will include:
· Blood glucose, cholesterol screenings and blood pressure checks
· Weight and nutrition information and screenings
· PSA testing (blood screening for prostate cancer)
· Prostate Cancer Screenings given by AMMC Urologist Dr. John Stripling, III, MBA, FACS
· Many other healthcare providers will have booths set up to showcase the latest information, products and trends in men’s healthcare.
The Men’s and Women’s Health Fairs are held as a community service in continuing with Arkansas Methodist Medical Center’s mission of being a beacon of health, hope and healing. Plus, September is Prostate Cancer Awareness and Health Month. The month was founded to help raise awareness and education about the disease and encourage participation in the free, national early detection program. Many educational programs, like the AMMC Men’s Health Fair, provide opportunities to learn more about early detection, treatment options and finding a course of action that fits the individual.