AMMC Hosts Annual Meeting August 2012
August 21, 2012
At its annual meeting on Monday, August 20th, the Arkansas Methodist Hospital Corporation, which oversees Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, met to review AMMC’s activities and accomplishments over the past fiscal year with a keen focus on the medical center’s agenda for the year ahead.
During 2011-2012, AMMC’s activities and accomplishments included:
· Opening its doors at Chateau on the Ridge, a premier, 59-bed assisted living facility, to its first residents
· Caring for more than 122,753 patients
· Providing nearly $9 million in uncompensated patient care, in keeping with the medical center’s non-profit mission
· Earning an Innovator Award, a Quality Sustainability Award and a Hospital Recognition Award in the Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care’s (AFMC) Annual Quality Awards Program.
· Pumping nearly $30 million into the local economy in wages and benefits
· Earning the IBCLC Care Award, recognizing Arkansas Methodist for excellence in Lactation Care through the staff of International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Tritia McGrew, RN, and providing a program for breastfeeding families.
AMMC President and CEO Barry Davis said, "We are pleased that the first phase of Chateau on the Ridge, Arkansas Methodist Medical Center’s Assisted Living Community, is open and becoming home to our residents. We are also pleased with the success of our first joint-effort with St. Bernards Healthcare, Paragould Wound Healing Center, and look forward to our continued relationship and growth through the Paragould Medical Park."