AMMC Holds Annual Meeting
August 21, 2013
At its annual meeting on Monday, August 19, the Arkansas Methodist Hospital Corporation, which oversees Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, met to review AMMC’s activities and accomplishments over the past fiscal year with a keen focus on the medical center’s agenda for the year ahead.
During 2012-2013, AMMC’s activities and accomplishments included:
- Adding Doctors Guy Peeples, Travis Richardson and Richard Gard to our team of healthcare professionals
- Caring for more than 119,500 patients
- Providing more than $16 million in uncompensated patient care, in keeping with the medical center’s non-profit mission
- Pumping more than $28 million into the local economy in wages and benefits
- Celebrating its one year anniversary of Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living, a premier, 59-bed facility
- Continuing its long-standing reputation of providing patient-centered care to the people it serves through the medical center, Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living and AMMC Physician Services
- Earning several quality awards including the Joint Commission’s designation as a Top
Performer on Key Quality Measures placing the medical center in the top 18% of hospitals recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes shown to improve care for certain conditions.
AMMC President and CEO Barry Davis said, “Facing challenging times ahead including growing competition and further reductions in governmental reimbursements does not keep our loyal staff from proving time and again that no other medical center in the region provides the level of professionalism, compassion and quality of care that is found at Arkansas Methodist.”