AMMC Holds Annual Meeting
August 18, 2015
At its annual meeting on Monday, August 17, the Arkansas Methodist Hospital Corporation, which oversees Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, met to review AMMC’s activities and accomplishments over the past fiscal year with a keen focus on the medical center’s agenda for the year ahead.
During 2014-2015, AMMC’s activities and accomplishments included:
- Caring for nearly 115,000 patients
- Providing $9.5 million in uncompensated patient care, in keeping with the medical center’s non-profit mission
- Employing more than 600 employees and pumping more than $28 million into the local economy in wages and benefits
- Continuing its long-standing reputation of providing patient-centered care to the people it serves through the medical center, Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living and AMMC Physician Services
- Earning several quality awards including the Joint Commission’s designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures placing the medical center as one of 16 hospitals in the state to be recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes shown to improve care for certain conditions.
AMMC Board of Directors Chairman Rhonda Davis said, “As both the community and the hospital undergo change, it’s important to remember this unshakable truth: We need each other. We (AMMC) take pride in being a community medical center, one that meets the medical needs of its community and serves as a civic partner and friend. I hope that you will continue the story of AMMC by choosing us for your family’s healthcare needs, and by supporting the ongoing vision of a strong hospital for a strong community.”