Chest pain should never be ignored. Know the following signs of a heart attack, and if you or someone else experiences any of these symptoms, do not wait - get help immediately. Consider calling an ambulance right away.
It's important to remember that certain diseases such as hypertension and diabetes can mask chest pain, so if you are experiencing any other signs of a heart attack, do not hesitate, call an ambulance immediately.
Chest pain or discomfort that:
- Is unrelieved by rest or change in position
- Moves to shoulders, arms, neck, jaw or back
- Produces pressure or a squeezing sensation that is either constant or intermittent
- Unexplained shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
- Heart palpitations or abnormally weak and/or fast pulse
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting or nausea
- Gray facial color