Advances in surgical techniques have made it possible for patients to have a variety of surgical procedures performed in an operating room setting and yet be ready to return to the comfort of their homes on the same day.
AMMC Outpatient Surgery is more convenient than hospital-based surgery and offers patients advanced surgical services in a convenient, comfortable setting.
The Outpatient Surgery Center is a 12-bed unit located on the first floor of the hospital, between the Emergency Department and the Endoscopy Lab. Our hours of service are between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Outpatient Surgery Center provides a wide variety of services to our patients. The highly-trained staff prepares patients for surgery and provides post-op care for those patients going home the same day. We also prepare patients for procedures done in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab. Other services include: chemotherapy, IV therapy, blood administration, and administration of injections.
Patients should make arrangements to pre-register prior to their appointment date in order to expedite care on day of procedure. This can be done by calling Pre-Registration at 870-239-7045.
Things to remember before you arrive for
- Do not eat or drink after midnight prior to your surgery
- Do not consume alcohol or smoke 24 hours prior to surgery
- Do not bring valuables or money with you
- Be prepared to remove jewelry, hair pins and contact lens (bring a case)
- Designate someone to drive you home after surgery (you may receive sedation)
- Please have no more than two people accompany you
- Wear loose-fitting clothes
- Children may bring a favorite toy, blanket or book when coming for surgery
For additional information, please read through the following sections before attending your Outpatient Surgery Appointment:
> Eating Guidelines
> Information on Medications
> Special Instructions
> Information on Anesthesia
> For Family and Friends