The mission of the Arkansas Methodist Medical Center Auxiliary is two-fold:
- To support AMMC through the provision of volunteer services in areas identified by the AMMC Administration and to make direct purchase of equipment and supplies as required by the AMMC's departmental staff.
Volunteers serve patients, the families of patients and the Medical Center staff in three primary areas:
- The Critical Care Unit
- The Information Desk
- On the patient floors having direct contact with patients
How the AMMC Auxiliary Contributes
The Auxiliary runs a successful gift shop which raises funds used to purchase equipment and other items for AMMC. The support of staff and the community ensures that the Auxiliary can continue to serve in this capacity. Purchases made by the Auxiliary include an Ice Machine for the Radiology Department, Mammography Pads for use when conducting mammograms, a Semi-Recumbent Ergometer for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department, and two Dinamap Pro-Care Vital Signs Monitors.
The Auxiliary also supports the AMMC Foundation each year by participating in The Foundation Gala and through auctions of decorated Christmas trees donated by the Paragould Civic Clubs during the Auxiliary Tree Lighting. The Auxiliary also provides services to the community during the Christmas season by serving with the Goodfellows to help in the annual adoption of families by community members. The AMMC Auxiliary is an active member of the Arkansas Hospital Auxiliary Association.
Each volunteer at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center must:
- Submit a complete application with references
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit to a tuberculosis test
- Complete an orientation to hospital policies and procedures, including a patient confidentiality orientation
- Commit to a minimum time requirement
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, please call the Volunteer Services Office at 870-239-7097.