Medical coverage becomes effective the first day of the month after an employee completes 60 days of continuous employment. Coverage includes physician visits; outpatient and inpatient services; prescription drugs and other services. Contract Human Resources for more information. Coverage is available to employees and their dependents (HR can verify dependent status).
Full-time employees may choose to enroll in a dental plan. Coverage provided includes such dental services as cleanings, diagnostic x-rays, fillings, tooth extraction, crown and bridge work.
There is no monthly premium for the employee and a modest charge for family coverage.
Basic Group Life Insurance
The hospital provides basic group term life insurance coverage for full-time employees in the amount of one times the employee's annual base wages/salary.
Supplemental and Dependent Life Insurance
Full-time employees may purchase additional life insurance for themselves from one to five times their annual salary. Employees may also choose to purchase life insurance coverage for spouses and dependent children. Coverage for a spouse can be up to 50% of the employee's coverage. Coverage for children between the ages of 14 days and 19 years of age (or 26 years of age if full-time student) in the amount of $10,000 per child is available.
Long-term Disability Insurance
AMMC provides long-term disability benefits after you have completed one year of full time service.
Employee Assistance Program:
(1) Confidential Counseling on Personal Issues, (2) Legal Information, Resources & Consultation, (3) Information, Referrals & Resources for Work-Life Needs, (4) Financial Information, Resources & Tools, (5) Online Information, Tools & Services, (6) Free Online Will Preparation.
Emergency Travel Assistance:
Emergency medical & personal assistance program protects you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year whenever you travel more than 100 miles from home.
Reimbursement Accounts (Flexible Spending Accounts)
Employees may set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for certain out-of-pocket medical care and dependent care expenses. Employees may choose how much to contribute to the accounts, up to the maximum under the plan, which is deducted from the employee's paycheck before taxes are taken out. When an individual incurs an expense that qualifies for reimbursement, he/she pays the bill and is then reimbursed with tax-free money from his/her own reimbursement account. (You may purchase a debit card for a small monthly fee and use each time you incur a qualified health care expense at a health care location that accepts MasterCard).
Other Voluntary Insurances
Other available voluntary insurances are listed below:
- Cancer – offers insurance to you and your family should you be diagnosed with cancer or 29 other specified diseases
- Accident – offers insurance to you and your family 24-hours a day, seven days a week, both on – or off-the-job
- Critical Illness – offers insurance to you and your family, $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000 in basic benefits coverage.
- Short Term Disability offers insurance to you – (1) Accidents/sicknesses up to 22 weeks. (2) Weekly benefits are 60% of your weekly earnings, (3) Maximum benefits are $750 per week (5) Benefits begin on the 30th day of the accident/sickness.
- Universal Life –offers insurance to you and your family up to $150,000, Optional Rider Coverage and Portable Coverage.
- Vision- offers you and your family a discount for (1) WellVision Exam, (2) Prescription Glasses, Frame and Contact Lens Care
- Identity Theft offers you a Full Service Identity Theft Protection Program
Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity and Investment Plan
Employees may save for their retirement and help reduce their taxable income by participating in the hospital's 401(k) plans. You are immediately vested under this plan. Employees are automatically enrolled in the 401k plan after completing 90 days of service at 4% of their earnings. Employees not interested in participating must "opt out" of the plan and employees interested in contributing more or less can change their contribution at any time.
Scholarships are available for employees who are pursuing a degree in a healthcare related field.
Wellness Center Discount:
Employees and their families received a discount at the AMMC Wellness Center.
Vacation and Holidays:
A combined total of 136 hours of vacation and holidays are earned each year for the first 5 years of employment.