AMMC › Our History

Our History

Home | Our History
1907
Dickson Memorial Hospital opened
1941
Community Hospital Corporation was formed and construction on new hospital began
1949
Community Methodist Hospital was completed after World War II and opened its door
1981
Community Methodist Hospital changed its name to Arkansas Methodist Hospital
1991
Arkansas Methodist Hospital launched a four-phase capital improvement plan
1992
State-of-the-art Critical Care Unit opened
1998
New Emergency Room facilities are completed
1999
Professional Office Building featuring a full-service Wellness Center was dedicated
2000
Arkansas Methodist Hospital received a 70,000 square foot renovation including four new areas and an Obstetrics Department update
2005
Arkansas Methodist Hospital became Arkansas Methodist Medical Center to better reflect the wide range of services offered
2011
AMMC’s continuing care retirement community, Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living opened
2012-2013
AMMC partnered with St. Bernards Medical Center to open Paragould Wound Healing Center and Paragould Medical Park
2019
AMMC opens new Family and Women’s Health building